Thursday, July 12, 2007

Puppy Roadtrip, Tags & Island Bliss

I was gently tagged by Brent to list five books I would like to be stranded with on my imaginary deserted island.

Religion and Nothingness - Keiji Nishitani

The Bow and the Lyre - Paz

Mary Ruefle

Noise Made by Poems – Peter Levi

The Sense of Beauty – George Santayana

I tag anyone who can tell me how many different accepted spellings there are for Shakespeare? Or anyone who just needs to imagine being on an island.

Pupdate:

Count down to dog.

Turns out we are driving to Indianapolis this weekend to pick up the puppy who was supposed to get here via his breeder. There are vague difficulties on her end.

That’s cool. I will be happy to linger in Lafayette (home of my Purdue days) and see the old haunts and especially the places where me and my wife Dolce used to live when we were (fluttering eye lashes) falling in luv.

Come Sunday we will be home with the little potato muffin.

4 comments:

Brent Goodman said...

Stop by the brew pub for me, order two old man bitters, hold one in each hand, toast them together, then drink them both.

You and Mary are going to have to have cute dog photo blog contests together!

RJGibson said...

Congratulations!

Hopefully it'll be a good trip for the newly blended family.

BTW--what are you going to name the lil feller?

Keith said...

Brent, we are going to visit Patricia for a while and stay the night at a hotel. Chances are very good we can hit a lot of the old haunts. I sure loved that place. I will drink as much as I can for us.

Thanks RJ. We are leaning toward Gare (rhymes with air) - or it's Gary without the y :) Gare is Scottish for little or smallish and the Border Terrier is a Scottish doggish breed.

We may end up calling him Optimus though. Who knows.

Unknown said...

What an adorable pooch!

Search Poor Fool