Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Kid Stuff

Growing up, I don't remember hearing a joke that was not oozing with poop, piss, barf, any body fluid you can imagine or bloated with the subject of sex, stereotypes, etc.

All these years later, I have settled on my favorite three jokes - the Trinity. All of them are extremely clean and in fact, I came across one in a children's book by Anthony Browne called The Shape Game.


Imagine me stepping up to the mic ...

So there are these two sausages in a frying pan, and as they begin to sizzle one sausage says, “Whew, it’s getting hot in here.”
The other sausage screams, “Oh my God! A talking sausage.”


And here is the second - much more fun to act out with a few choice gestures, but it goes like this.

A grasshopper comes bouncing into a bar and springs up onto a bar stool. The bartender is standing behind the bar wiping clean a glass and he grins and says to the grasshopper, "Heh, we got a drink named after you." And the grasshopper puzzles over this for a second then says, "Really, you got a drink named Lloyd."


Jokes, dirty jokes I guess, were a big part of conversation with my friends. I can't tell yet how much joke telling goes on with my son and his friends. I know he likes jokes, and he likes to make up his own - some are not bad. I like him to tell this one:

What did one hotdog say to the other?
Is that you Frank?

2 comments:

marybid said...

My five year old, Gabi, tells a lot of jokes that go like this (not that they're formulaic or anything):

What's between a ___ and a ___?

A ____ tuna fish mailbox!

I can't help but laugh...

Keith said...

That is a good one. a ___. :)

Better than, Why ____ did you ____
with that ____? asked the gardener.

Hose!

Search Poor Fool