Saturday, June 23, 2007

Radiant, Terrific - Spider Bites


I admit it. There are some bites I like.

And then, there is the SOB SOMEWHERE in my bedroom that has bitten me twice now in one month. A brown recluse spider or so say the authorities. I think they are right. My first bite had the same Target shopping center pattern as you see here.

Today I begin another course of antibiotics for the bite on my thigh as the previous bite on my bicep is in the final stages of healing. I have always preached to my son spare the spiders, they're useful, they're not hurting us. I think of Issa naturally - and I am about to fail where I suspect he stuck it out. If I find the bastard I am taking him out with whatever is handy. Shoe. The Nation. My foot, etc.

Note to self: no more sleeping in the buff.

5 comments:

Loren said...

Spiders are great.

I love to photograph their beautiful webs.

Outside.

After two bites required visits to the doctor and some rather painful treatments, I decided all spiders belong.

Outside.

My daughter used to capture them and lift them carefully to safety.

Now she’s left the house, I no longer resort to such niceties.

robin andrea said...

I can tolerate spiders, but not when they are in the bedroom. Out they go, immediately. I'm sorry you've gotten such nasty bites. Brown recluses can do some very serious damage. I hope you recover well and quickly.

Brent Goodman said...

target shaped rashes? you sure it's not deer ticks? that's classic lyme disease warning sign. not that you have enough to worry about.

Keith said...

The itsy bitsy spider left me all alone.

No apparent bites today. Though I do have the heebie jeebies now and spend most of the night have in sleep swating and smacking the least sensation I feel on my legs, neck, etc.

Loren, outside, outside outside. Yes, new house rules.

Thanks for the well wishes Robin.

Brent, don't you mean "target shaped rashes!? Holy bug bites Batman.

RJGibson said...

Ach du Lieber! (that's Holy Bug Bites Batman in the original german)

I do hope the antibiotics work. Those things are nasty buggers. I hate spiders (for intimate reasons not worth going into publicly) and appreciate the restraint of those who allow them to live.

Godspeed--and may your aim be true. Perhaps a little Elvis Costello to steel your resolve.

Search Poor Fool