Thursday, June 14, 2007

Book of Questions

I have a few questions on my mind.

1. When will I hear back from the two remaining pubs who have my poems. Tick tock tick tock.

2. When will I ever get to go fishing again?

3. When will I write the next poem?

On a more poetic note, here are a few questions Neruda has:


If all rivers are sweet
where does the sea get its salt?

How do the seasons discover
it’s time to change shirts?

Why are winters so slow
and the aftermaths, volatile?

How do the roots know
they must climb toward the light?

And then greet the air
with such colors and flowers?

Is it always the same spring,
repeating the same role?

Pablo Neruda, from Book of Questions

1 comment:

Brent Goodman said...

Duotrope.com is a great resource for checking "real" response times for magazines. Even better, they tell you average response times by acceptances vs. rejections, so you can get a better sense where your work stands.

Search Poor Fool