Monday, April 16, 2007

Transtromer & Herbert: New Collected Editions



Came across these over the weekend. A Collected Edition of Zbigniew Herbert titled simply Collected Poems, and Transtromer - The Great Enigma - also a Collected.

This almost makes up for fact that George Oppen's Daybooks have still not released and that Mary Ruefle has no collected edition. Note: If you are into Oppen, I can tell you which back issues of Sulfur you want - three or so back issues have substantial excerpts from his Daybooks.

6 comments:

RJGibson said...

I'm a fan of Transtromer. I opted not to buy that volume when I was in Baltimore at the beginning of the year and am now kicking myself over it.

Keith said...

Wow, it has been out since the first of the year? I am so out of touch. I suppose Wordsworth's put out a Collected edition by now too. :)

RJGibson said...

Keith--I don't think that Wordsworth kid'll make much of a splash.

I had to confer with Brian--but it was January. I desperately need a copy of it.

BTW--I've been going through my books thinking about poets who might good for those with "poexity." Might I recommend Louise Gluck's "The Wild Iris?" It might be a good try, especially if your Mom is at all interested in plants.

Keith said...

Good idea R.J., about Gluck.

Found the Herbert at the library tonight. Weird. Right here in teeny tiny Akron, on the "new books" book shelf.

Like the whole thing was planned.

P.S. Thank you for the poems you emailed.

Loren said...

Strange that I should come to your site after your recent comment and find this entry.

I've been waiting for my copy of Oppen's to finally arrive from Amazon.

Keith said...

Loren!

That is wonderful news that it's finally in print. Thanks for the tip.

I had emailed Cope, the publisher, et al. quite a while ago and no one had an answer as to when it was coming so I sort of stopped poking around. If I hadn't just spent $40 getting the Herbert and Transtromer books I'd order one tonight.

Thanks again for coming by.

Search Poor Fool