Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What’s in a Name

God only knows, but I was talking with my wife about pet names this morning and wanted to pass along the Hall of Famers that my Grandma had for her toy and miniature poodles.

Cupcake
Choo Choo
Emily
Mister
Bon Bon (a mini)
Je Paul
Poppa Touhy
Pierre

By the way, she had these all at the same time. Quite a sight to see them all pillowed around her on the couch. On a related note, a guy I work with recently told me his young son named their pet gerbil Wood Piece.

2 comments:

Valerie Loveland said...

Awesome name.

RJGibson said...

Heh...wood piece.

My crazy aunt Gladys from Oklahoma always had a pair of apricot tea cup toy poodles. And they were always vicious little beasties. They also always had the same name: Dusty and Butt-Butt (short for buttons). When one would die, she'd find a duplicate and give it its' predecessor's name.

Search Poor Fool