Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Freelancer on the Loose

Today I am billing my first invoice for my first freelance gig since getting laid off. Would you believe it was for 13 hours? Just kidding.

My son has been off this week on Spring Break and has attended a couple meetings with me as my associate. Matching shirts and all. Pretty fancy. Out of those meetings it looks like I have more work. One project is pro bono for the local adult literacy council which I pitched myself to grow my own business, and the other is paid and an outcome of kicking ass on the project I am now billing.I want to celebrate a little, and may have to buy a bottle or two of what are lately my favorite IPAs - Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA and Hippie IPA from some local boys.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Found your blog through a fellow Akronite's blog, and enjoy the heck out of it. Good luck on finding more freelance gigs and props to your wife for deciding to run. My husband and I are IPA fans - are the Hippie and Bear Republic available at West Point Market or Acme?

Keith said...

Hey Greg, thanks. Good to hear from you.

AWG - welcome, always great to hear from locals.

As a certified hop head, IPA is a subject near and dear to my heart. You can get both at ACME, maybe for a buck less than you would at West Point. But here is the thing ... if you are in a sampling mood, get yourself Hoppin Frog IPA (a local product) Maximus IPA from Lagunitas brewery and chase it all down with a bottle of Arrogant Bastard - not the oaked that comes in a six pack but regular Arrogant Bastard in the BIG bottle. And then when you have it all, invite me over to help drink it :)

RJGibson said...

Good on yer!

Keith said...

RJ - good to hear from you. Thanks for the cheer.

Search Poor Fool