Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Up with Nerds

True, I got this second hand but I have seen it happen in other contexts. My son, Whit, went to a cartooning workshop at the public library today. One of his friends was there, another brainiac, and as the poor class instructor tried to get everyone to draw a quote "bug" and held up a picture of a spider, my son corrected him and explained that a bug in not a spider, a spider is an arachnid. My son's friend then raised his hand and gave a lengthy discourse on the anatomical and behavioral differences between spiders and bugs. Hands were clasping forheads and eyes were rolling in sockets according to Jeri, my wife.

What a dumbass, come on! Everyone knows spiders aren't bugs! What a freaking chuckle head. Just kidding. Can you imagine trying to give a presentation with these wonderful nerdlings in your audience?

ADDENDUM: As I was wrapping up this post, Whit came bounding down the hall past my office and he was making that "pew, pew, pew" sound that you might normally associate wtih pretend gunfire. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Pretending I'm a light particle."

2 comments:

Valerie Loveland said...

Awesome.

Brent Goodman said...

he must have been reading "questions for einstein." that book always makes me run around going "pew pew pew" too.

Search Poor Fool