Thursday, January 15, 2009

And then I woke up ...


This is great news.

Apparently heavy coffee drinkers hallucinate more. Any minute now I will snap out of it, the veil will lift, and I will discover I didn't lose my job last March, didn't gain 20 pounds, didn't stop writing poetry. Maybe it has been a lonnnnnng hallucination and Bush was never president. Maybe I was never born?

Seriously, the new year is off to a great start for me. I added two new freelance clients to my roster last week. My head is spinning now trying to accommodate their projects and the steady trickle of work from my older clients. And in the category of professional growth, I started taking a night class at the University in the latest graphic design programs ... Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop. The idea being that I am already doing the copywriting so if I can master the art and design side of advertising I will be a complete package. More marketable, etc.

As I write this, Otty is curled up against my stomach. Looks like 20 lbs. to me so I guess that much I wasn't hallucinating.

1 comment:

Brent Goodman said...

You've always been a complete package in my book. The class is just package enhancement. *sips coffee*

Search Poor Fool