Saturday, November 3, 2007

Tattoo

Here's an original (kind of) Van Gogh.
Took about two hours longer than it was supposed to (4 altogether) and I nearly fainted twice between the smoke, the heavy metal and the repetitive stabbing into my shoulder bone, muscle. Thank God for Dr. Pepper and Hershey bars. The sugar kept me in the game.

I got it back in Madison in 98 in memory of my son Rainer. So it's faded a bit now after so many years. You can find it on my right shoulder and in the summer, despite being completely not built for tank tops, I wear them so I can show it off.

I recently got a few vaccinations as part of the approval process for some volunteer work with kids and the nurse said she felt bad about sticking a Van Gogh. And then we laughed a little.

1 comment:

Clare said...

Hi Keith! Your tattoo is incredible. The artist did a wonderful job and really captured the spirit of sunflowers -- the tattoo has a really good energy and is a beautiful tribute. The part about "sticking a Van Gogh" gave me a smile, too. I hope you have a really nice weekend.

Search Poor Fool