Friday, November 16, 2007

Boys in Swooping Haircuts are Bringing Me Down

taking pictures of themselves oh no! ...

so says The Format. Wow, here is a band, relatively new from what I gather, that plowed right into my heart. Dog Problems, their second and most recent album is just fantastic. (Not so in love with their first) Check out Dog Problems samples where you can .. lots of different clips on Youtube ... varying quality. Snails, Dog Problems, On Your Porch are wonderful tracks. Such damn fine lyrics.

Oddly enough I stumbled onto them when I was looking for kids tunes on zooglobble.com. They have a track called Does Your Cat Have a Mustache on a compilation CD and the song is unbelievable. Changes melody, tempo about four times. Rare for a pop song where I come from.

No comments:

Search Poor Fool