Saturday, August 30, 2008

Chipmunk Attack

... but seriously, this is not a sub-chapter of the Squirrel incident from last summer. When I looked out the back window this morning, I saw a flock of sparrow in my driveway going apeshit and tweeting their heads off; looking closer I saw they were trying to drive off a chipmunk that was roughing up -- a sparrow! I opened the window and slammed it to break up the mess, but it was too late. Has anyone ever seen chipmunks go after sparrows? Freaky.

On a less lethal note, I knew I planted blue morning glories but all summer only purple came out; but finally, just as the whole flower tower is starting to dry up and die, two appeared.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's all happening, isn't it?!?...Gustav is the perfect storm! Chipmunks attacking sparrows! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! Miss Congeniality for Vice President! Dogs and cats living together! Real Old Testament stuff!

Anonymous said...

I witnessed an epic battle between crows and blue jays that ended with a decapitated crow in our backyard a few years ago. I've also seen a chipmunk eating an earthworm. None of that creepy mammal-avian conflict though.

Search Poor Fool